Mistina600 on Livestream. I draw stuff…Sometimes…. - Watch live streaming Internet TV. Broadcast your own live streaming videos, like Mistina600 in Widescreen HD. Livestream, Be There.
Project: Sailor Ace (Asexuality) Chat Rated: G - WTF?! (in words: I don’t know) Disclaimer: Join me, at your own risk… (I spin the drawing a lot so people might get dizzy).
Colouring tutorial, sort of
So lately a lot of people have been asking me if I’ll do a tutorial for how I colour my drawings. I’m pretty terrible at tutorials but I thought I’d at least try it.
So the following is my process for colouring drawings in Paint Tool SAI. (This assumes you have a basic knowledge of the program already)
First…you start with your lineart.
Next, you fill in the basic colours. If you’re patient and tidy, you can do clean lines, make sure they have no gaps, and then do the solid colours with the magic wand tool.
If you’re lazy like me, you can make it more difficult for yourself by leaving the lines sketchy and colouring them in by hand.
If I were doing coloured lines instead of leaving them black, here is where I would change them. Changing the colours of the lines is pretty simple - on the lines layer, just check the little box that says “preserve opacity” and recolour them however you want.
Next step is the shading. For this drawing, I chose to do my usual cel-shading style.
Make a new layer above your lines and solid colours and set it to “Multiply.”
Choose a mid-to-light greyish purple colour (you can actually use pretty much whatever colour you want depending on the look you want for the drawing - try experimenting with different ones a bit) for basic shadows.
Sometimes I draw in the shadows by hand, and sometimes I do what I did here instead - which is fill in the entire thing with shadow and then erase the light.
(Tip: if you ever have trouble with figuring out your light source, think of the light as rain/water and the light source as where the water is coming from. Anywhere that would stay dry, should be in shadow. Anywhere that would get wet should be lit.)
You can play with the opacity of the shading layer to make it more or less intense. In this case I wanted it a little more dramatic, so I raised the opacity of the layer.
Next, the background. If you’re good at backgrounds you can draw a good one. If you’re bad at backgrounds (like me) maybe just slap some coloured squares back there or something.
Add some highlights on the hair and you can be finished!
Sometimes afterwards I like to go into Photoshop CS5 and add some more lighting effects with gradients and stuff and play with the Colour Balance a bit but that’s not totally necessary or anything.
I ACTUALL Y HAVE NO SYSTEM i just go with my gut ha hahaa. .. but I GUESS IN GENERAL Don’t be afraid to use saturated colors!! AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A BALANCE OF SATURATED AND DESATURATED COLOR YOU WON”T END UP BLINDING YOURSELF!
THIS IS JUST A GENERAL GUIDE cause whether a color looks saturated/ desaturated also depends on the colors around it!! and black and white can kinda go either way depending on things BUT USUALLY AS U MOVE TOWARDS THE GREYS = less saturated
SAT = SATURATED; DESAT= DESATURATED
here’s a screenshot of my swatches where i sometimes save colors i like!
they’re mostly skin colors though SWEATS..
THERE”S ALSO THIS VIDEO THAT I WATCHED TODAY and I actually color in a rly similar way?? SO MAYBE IT MIGHT HELP
omg im not sure if i answered your question
useful tip for photoshop users like me who draw a whole bunch and then realise they fucked up and need to undo it all:
go to edit > preferences > set history states to 1000
you can now undo 1000 times without running out of undos
For those who wouldn’t know about this very useful tip ❤
nonononono if you set your history stats to 1000 you’ll make your computer slower than molasses and it will probably crash PS. There’s a reason the default is set at 20. Use Editing History log or something.
This only works on super duper awesome powerful computers.
Where do I get an affordable one?
really quickAsexual 101
- asexuality = no sexual attraction. that’s literally it
- ace: shortened form of asexual; like how bisexuals are bi, we are 'ace'
- asexuality is a spectrum, and gray-asexual and demisexual are valid identities that fall on the ace spectrum
- allosexual: a person who experiences sexual attraction, i.e. someone who is straight or gay or bi
- asexy: an ace term to describe something nice-looking but without the sexual implications of the word ‘sexy’
- colors are black, gray, white, and purple
tumblr is being cranky and won’t let me use a pic butthe flag is four horizontal stripes of black, gray, white, and purple descending in that order
- black ring worn on the middle finger of either hand
- ace of spades = aromantic asexual; ace of hearts = alloromantic asexual; ace of clubs = gray-asexual; ace of diamonds = demisexual
- cake: a community in-joke is that we are obsessed with cake, because cake>sex
- don’t tell people how to identify; there is no One True Way to be asexual and behavior =/= orientation
- don’t throw people who fit stereotypes under the bus
- do encourage varied representation of asexuals and show the world that there is no One True Way to be asexual
- do look out for your fellow asexuals; it’s a harsh world out there and we’ve got to support each other
- acephobia: discrimination against asexual people
- allosexism: assertion that it is better or more valid to be allosexual than asexual
- amatonormativity: assertion that monogamous romantic relationships are more valuable than other types of relationships
- sex-disinterested: not being interested in sex/sexual things
- sex-repulsed: being repulsed by sex/sexual things; note: sex-repulsion and disinterest can occur in varying degrees
- don’t be afraid to ask questions as long as you do so respectfully
- welcome to the club!!!
You’re gay? That’s cool.
You’re straight? That’s cool.
You’re bi? That’s cool.
You’re asexual? That’s cool.
You’re gender fluid? That’s cool.
You’re happy with who you are and what you identify as? That’s COOL.
You’re an asshole? That’s not cool.
It’s that simple.
“Written for the SRS2012 prompt: “Gabriel gets tired of the way Dean and his little brother are constantly making eyes at each other and doing nothing about it, so he zaps them into various Disney films- always with Castiel as the prince and Dean as the princess- until they get the hint.””
Word Count: 2,697